Saturday, October 29, 2011

Where Would you LOVE to Cook Today

[2-kitchen+with+fireplace.jpg]

OK I am sure this is what a kitchen in heaven looks like!

[1-kitchen-overall.jpg]

Isn't this a beautiful kitchen.

[4-kitchen-island.jpg]

Can you believe this Island ...
I could sit there and surf recipes all day.
I am thinking I don't want to mess it up....

[5-kitchen-sink.jpg]

I love how fancy this Farmhouse sink looks.
I love those sinks.

This Kitchen was designed by Beverly Ellsley and she has a website at:


We may have to cook in a few of her kitchens...
so amazing!

Lets see what to cook today....
hummmm I really don't want to make a mess ...
I guess I can clean it up.
I bet this kitchen has the best dishes and pans....
Can't wait to get started...
We will make:

Rich French onion soup

Rich French Onion Soup

1 tablespoon butter


1 tablespoon olive oil

4 thinly sliced large onions

1 tablespoon all purpose flour

1 1/2 pt beef broth

1/2 cup white wine

1 1/2 cup water

2 bay leaves

6 slices French bread

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Cooking Instructions


Melt butter with olive oil in a large saucepan over low heat.

Cook onions in mixture, stirring occasionally for 30 minutes, until soft, translucent and brown on the edges.

Sprinkle the flour over the onions and stir to combine.

Pour in beef broth, wine and water with bay leaves.

Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.

Toast the bread slices in an oven broiler.

Ladle the soup into 4 ovenproof bowls and place the bowls on a baking sheet.

Place a toasted slice of bread over each bowl and top with Swiss cheese.

Place bowls under broiler until cheese melts.

Servings: 4

This recipe came from :

I love to look at kitchen pictures and read recipes.
So the Internet is an amazing thing...I can surf all day..



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin