Saturday, October 15, 2011

Where Would You LOVE to Cook Today!


Oh my Gosh doesn't this look like a storybook kitchen!!
I love the window over the sink looking into another room.
I have seen something similar before and I always 
wonder if its to help block out the noise. I can see lots of
people in this kitchen laughing and making a lot of noise
cooking. I would love to see the rest of this house. This was
a picture I found on the Internet so not sure who's kitchen it is.
I think I am on a lemon and chicken kick this week.....
 So here's what I want to cook in this kitchen.


Salmon with Lemon Couscous


1 lemon

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1 onion, chopped

1 cup frozen baby peas

1-3/4 cups water

1-1/4 cups plain couscous

1 lb. salmon fillets

1 Tbsp. olive oil

1/2 tsp. salt

1/8 tsp. black pepper

1 tsp. dried dill weed

Preheat oven to broil. Squeeze lemon juice from lemons and grate 1 tsp. zest; set aside. In heavy skillet, sauté onion in olive oil until tender. Stir in peas, lemon juice and water and bring to a boil. Stir in couscous, cover, remove pan from heat, and let stand for 5 minutes.

Brush salmon fillets with 1 Tbsp. olive oil and place, skin side down, on broiler pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and dill. Broil for 8-10 minutes per inch of thickness, 6" from heat source. (Or, if using frozen prepared salmon fillets, bake or broil as directed on package.)

Serve salmon on couscous; sprinkle with lemon zest. Serves 3-4

Yum...Wouldn't you want to eat this in this kitchen.

I got this recipe from:

http://busycooks.about.com

This site is always a good fall back on. There is always something there I want to try.

Well it’s time to put my shoes on and go home......I do have left over’s for lunch tomorrow !


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin