Wednesday, May 23, 2012

I Love Dish Towels


I love Dish Towels!
I love to make them...
Use them....
give them as gifts....
tuck them around pot lucks...
Keep on hand for quick gifts...
Anything I can think of.
This is one of my new dish towel patterns 
that I will have on my Etsy Shop soon.
There are 6 more in the Week Day set and will
be available in a week or 2.
These have been so fun to make and design.
I love figuring out where to hang them and how.
They make me smile. So I can keep sewing 
I usually do a crock pot meal for dinner.
That way when my husband walks in
the house smells wonderful. And he thinks
I have been so busy.
And this one is a Winner!
I found it a few years ago and we love it!

Crock Pot Lasagna


  • 8 lasagna noodles, uncooked
  • 1 lb. ground beef
  • 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning
  • 2-28 oz. jars spaghetti sauce
  • 1/3 cup water
  • 4 oz. can sliced mushrooms
  • 15 oz. ricotta cheese
  • 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
  1. Break noodles.
  2. Place half in bottom of greased slow cooker.
  3. Brown ground beef in sauce pan, drain, stir in Italian seasoning.
  4. Spread half over noodles in slow cooker.
  5. Layer half of sauce and water, half of mushrooms, half of ricotta cheese, and half of mozzarella cheese over beef.
  6. Repeat layers with remaining half of ingredients.
  7. Cover, cook on low 3-5 hours.
Tips for cooking lasagna in your crock pot:
  • Use 2 jars spaghetti sauce. Be sure to put plenty on the top and sides
  • Ricotta can be substituted. If you don’t have any ricotta cheese, use cottage cheese or cream cheese. I substituted one brick of cream cheese. It tasted just like ricotta. I just diced it up and spread the diced pieces all around.
  • Lasagna noodles can be substituted. You may use bow tie or penne and make it like a baked Ziti. (Use what you have!)
  • Grease the whole cooker. I forgot this step the first time I tried this, and it was sticking like crazy!
  • Adjust the cook time. With my slow cooker, 5 hours was WAY too long. I could easily put it on low for 3 hours and it does just fine. It depends on your cooker, but remember, for this recipe, all it is doing is cooking the noodles.


1 comment:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin