Monday, December 17, 2012

Where Would You Love To Cook Today/


Look Santa's going to help cook!
This kitchen looks so cozy I can't wait to start cooking. 
I can even hear the Christmas Music!
Not to sure if this is the table or the island...
who cares its darling!
SO I know the perfect thing to make.
Its from:
I love this blog!
Its even on my blog roll...
so lets make...
drum roll...

Andes Peppermint Topped Brownies

(This is straight from her blog so you can see just how wonderful her blog is!)




A sweet neighbor of mine brought some amazing brownies to a holiday gathering last year.  I usually don't eat brownies that have a thick layer of frosting and sometimes prefer to eat brownies topless.  However, these brownies were different.  I loved the thin chocolate layer and minty taste of these brownies and had to ask her for the recipe.

"There really isn't a recipe," she said.

Huh?  Well, what do you do? I asked.

"I used Andes mint chips."

Huh?  I have never heard of Andes mint chips before....

And guess what?  She dropped off a bag of Andes baking chips the very next day.

The simplicity of using your favorite brownie recipe (or mix) and topping it with these Andes mint chips is ingenious. 

I used my favorite saucepan brownie recipe back from my college days and immediately out of the oven, sprinkled these baking chips on top...

How much you want to use is entirely up to you! 


Wait a couple of minutes for the chips to melt and begin spreading.


Allow the chips to cool and set. 


When cool, the brownies are ready for cutting and serving. 

In this case, these brownies are ready to ship out to my missionary son, who is in the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, along with some peanut butter cookies that his dad made for him.


Your family, friends, and neighbors will love this simple, easy to make brownie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin