Friday, December 14, 2012

Where Would You Love to Cook Today/


Can't you just smell this fresh tree?
I love christmas, and I think it because of everything you do together.
Shopping, baking cookies, planning ....and it all happens in the kitchen.
I not only love the tree but the plate cupboard is darling.
I think i would fill it with my christmas dishes.
Now for a great recipe....

Egg Nog Glazed Spritz Cookies


Isn't that a fun blog name....LOL

Since these are a grown-up cookie I opted out of the sprinkles for decoration and simply gave them a light dusting of freshly grated nutmeg while the glaze was still wet. I think these would be the perfect cookie for an elegant New Years Eve party. Don't hesitate to try them folks!

Egg Nog Glazed Spritz-from Land O Lakes
1 C butter, softened
2/3 C sugar
1 egg
1 Tblsp vanilla-yep, a tablespoon
2 1/4 C A/P flour
1 tsp ground nutmeg-freshly grated is best

Glaze
1 C powdered sugar
1/4 C butter, melted
*1/4 tsp rum extract
*1-2 Tblsp water-however much needed to achieve desired thickness
  1. Cream butter, sugar, egg and vanilla.
  2. Add dry and mix well.
  3. Fill press, form cookies on ungreased baking sheet.
  4. Bake at 375 for 8-10 minutes, or until done.
  5. Remove from cookie sheet and while still warm, brush with glaze:
  6. Mix first three glaze ingredients in a bowl and add as much water as necessary.
  7. *I just used the sugar and butter, then added rum until I got a consistency I liked (less than 1 Tblsp).
  8. Brush over cookies.
  9. Optional-Decorate with sprinkles. Highly recommended-add an extra grating of nutmeg.
  10. Let glaze set up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin