Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Where Would You Love to Cook today?


Look how pretty this kitchen! 
I found the picture at
I really don't want to mess it up but I do want to make 
Homemade tortillas. But rolling them out will make a mess
unless....
you have a press.....
Yes I am a gadget girl...


I love this thing!!!
No flour on the counter...
No flour on the floor...
No mess counter....
 You can see one at


You can get one at the Bosch Store also on about 
87th south and  7th east if you live in Salt Lake City.
It does come with some recipes but we all have our favorite:

Tortillas
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 cup vegetable shortening

I put these ingredients in my kitchenaid and mix with the dough hook. 
You don't want it to be to sticky so if you need more flour add it. 
Some times it takes about 1/4 more. Roll into balls and put on a 
cookie sheet and cover with a dish towel.
 Let it rest for 30 minutes. When we are ready to make our tortillas, 
follow directions for tortilla maker - this batch will make about 8.

It is so easy and takes no time....
One of my favorite "Have to Haves"

1 comment:

  1. I have been eyeballing this tortilla press for about a month now! I use a recipe that uses canola oil and they are easy to roll, but this cool kitchen tool would definitely speed up the process!

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin