Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Spice Up Your Life!


Don't you just feel like this sometimes in the morning? I got up this morning and it was a little chilly...no it was cold. I hate being cold...I turned on the fire place and thought I should stay home under this warm quilt. But life got the better of me and up I got, to get ready for work. Since I have to go to work I might as well enjoy a warm cup of tea. I didn't want the regular ones, I wanted something warm. Then remembered this recipe and thought I would share:
Spice Tea Mix Recipe (Makes 4 cups of Mix)
1 1/2 cups of orange breakfast drink (ex: Tang)
3/4 cup ice tea mix
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground ginger

Mix all the ingredients together. Pour into a quart jar with a tight lid.
You will need about 3 teaspoons per cup. And more if you like it stronger!

This is great in a small jar for gifts. Tie a pretty bow around the lid with a pretty teaspoon and a few cinnamon sticks. And tuck the recipe in a card.

I found at wallmart they sell 4 teaspoons for a dollar. and they have a few patterns to choose from. Works great for things like this.
Have a great day. And I hope yours is warm and cozy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin