I just love the Kitchen over at Stonegable.
I really love the island, it has a tone of room for preparing meals and doing great holiday displays.
Her blog is a great one to visit often. It is a very inspiring blog.
Well let get to what to make:
As I have been blogging around I came across a great blog with wonderful recipes, but the one that really caught my eye was:
Banana Bundtlets with Maple & White Chocolate Icing
Don't these look wonderful!
I think this is what I will be giving to all of my neighbors for Christmas this year.
- 5 well-ripened bananas
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp maple flavor (up to 1 tsp for stronger flavor)
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare pans with non-stick spray.
- In mixer bowl, add eggs and beat well. Add bananas and beat until bananas are mashed and mixture is smooth. Add shortening, applesauce and sugar and combine. Add baking soda, salt and flour and mix well.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 5 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- While banana bread is baking, prepare the icing by adding the sugar, butter and milk to a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir constantly as it comes to a boil, 3-4 minutes. Continue stirring as the mixture boils for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Add the white chocolate chips and maple flavor and stir until the chips are melted and the icing is smooth.
- Pour slowly over the top of the bundt cakes, allowing it to drizzle down the sides. Cool and enjoy!