Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where Would You LOVE to Cook Today!


Today this is were I want to be cooking..
I love the colors in this kitchen...
butter yellow & red
Love iT!
I found this one at the Dutch Boy paint website.
Its their inspiration kitchens.
Let see...
 I would plug in my Kindle and listen to a book...
Something fun to make me smile....
Janet Evanovich's Plum Series 
(I am giggling already)
while I cook:



 French Apple Tart

Sweet Pastry Crust:
1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (50 grams) granulated white sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (113 grams) room temperature unsalted butter
1 large egg

For the Apple Filling:
6 medium-sized apples(2 pounds) (900 grams) (Granny Smith or other firm textured apple)
3 tablespoons (40 grams) unsalted butter, divided
1/4 - 1/2 cup (50 - 100 grams) granulated white sugar, divided
1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
Confectioners' Sugarfor browning the top of the tart.

For the Glaze:
1/2 cup (120 ml) apricot preserves
1 tablespoon Cognac, Calvados, Rum or Water

This recipe is from
http://www.joyofbaking.com

I love this website ...they always have the best recipes 
and I love sites that have pictures so you know if yours looks right. 
LOL That is so important....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin