Thursday, February 5, 2009

Yogurt!

Hello,
With my new eatting habits I am quickly getting bored with my yogurt! You can only eat so much and you want something else. So i got online and and found several different healthy way to eat my yogurt but I was surprised to find a soup recipe made with yogurt. So I tried it and it really is good. But I love soups! so Ii thought I would share. Give it a try while it is still cold out. I am sure you will love it too!

Creamy Sweet Potato Soup

2 cups Plain Yogurt
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 cups diced sweet onion
(1 large)2 cups peeled, diced sweet potatoes
(2 medium)1 cup peeled, diced Idaho potatoes
(1 medium)4 cups reduced-fat chicken broth
salt and ground black pepper, to taste
2 tablespoons chopped chives

In a soup pot, heat oil. Add onions and saute 3-4 minutes. Add sweet and Idaho potatoes and chicken broth; bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer soup 25-30 minutes.
Puree soup and season with salt and pepper, if needed. Whisk in yogurt and serve with a sprinkle of chives.
Yield: 8 servings (1 cup each) or 2 quarts

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin